Recently I stumbled upon Corona renderer and I made a test scene just for the purpose of trying it using the Blender exporter plugin and the standalone version of the renderer. I have to say, and you can see it from the picture above, that I’m really impressed by the easy way of managing materials, the great light effects and the incredible speed of this piece of software. The image you see took almost twenty minutes for this level of sharpness, but after six, seven minutes it was already very well shaped and a lot cleaner than anything you can achieve with Cycles in the same amount of time.
It’s time for a quick tutorial! Today I want to show you how to create custom environment maps you can use for your 3d scenes, just using your smartphone and the Photosynth app! Than we will see how to obtain many other hdrs from the Photosynth website just using a couple of free softwares. Let’s get started!
I’m in the process of moving my personal webpage on a fresh new WordPress.org account, with improved usability, more updated functionalities and new stuff I’m making. In few days this dotsandshadows address will come back to the initial dotsandshadows.wordpress.com state. I will use it as is in the upcoming months untill the fresh new page is ready to replace it.
When the site refresh will be complete I will update it more often with news, new projects, freebies and maybe also some tutorial…so stay tuned for it!
Thanks to the Architecture Academy from Andrew Price, I’m becoming every day more and more confident in material creation and modelling in Blender. This is what I’ve got after following the tutorial on the creation of curtains with Cycles.
After the beak you will find a picture showing the node setup for the curtain’s material.
A living room render made with 3ds max and Vray. I started modeling the space and the forniture inspired by my living room, but in the end it came out with this “scandinavian feeling” that I liked a lot.
Un soggiorno renderizzato con 3ds max e Vray. Ho iniziato a modellare lo spazio e l’arredamento ispirandomi a casa mia, ma alla fine è venuto fuori un “angolo Ikea” molto poco italiano.